Innovation in “Green” Roofing Sector
NEW ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY ROOF SYSTEM
There are some people out there that just can’t seem to sit still. Luckily for us, one of those people works in the roofing industry. The same person that developed the Wind-Vented Roofing System has something brand new! If you’re not familiar with Wind-Vented Systems, JR & Co. installed one on Bartle Hall, saving Kansas City millions of dollars. So we’re pretty excited about this.
THE KELLY GREEN BOARDS
The Kelly Green Board is a designed for use where one would normally use OSB, ISO, and Plywood today. It is made from 100% recycled tetra paks and plastic bottles. In addition, there is no formaldehyde glues, water or hazardous chemicals used in the process - which means even production is environmentally friendly.
Below are just some of the benefits you get when using this system:
- Recycled and recyclable Green Board can be used to gain LEED and NGBS certification.
- You eliminate the tear off & renew existing insulation so nothing goes to the landfills.
- Green Board used instead of plywood and other materials made from non-sustainable materials.
- Green Boards have a white membrane version which is reflective and reduces the head load on the building and surrounding area - which means energy savings for you.
- If you use this cover board in conjunction with the Wind-Vented System then you have exponentially larger cost and environmental benefits.
- The cost is tax deductible in the first year.
If you’re interested in seeing just how much you can benefit from this and other recent innovations to save you time and money, please feel free to contact us. We’ll provide you with a free roof inspection and evaluation report.
Based in the Nation’s Heartland, JR & Co. Roofing Contractors have been serving clients across the country since 1986. Our experts are certified and fully insured in multiple states throughout the U.S. and in Canada.